15 March 2015

Fanfest 2015


Finally, it is but two days until I board my flight to Iceland for Fanfest 2015. Those of you who've read my blog long enough will remember I went to Fanfest in 2013 with a number of my corp mates. This time around the same group were all booked to go but one couple had to pull out at the last minute due to ill health - get well soon Brodit! I'll be thinking of you, mate!

I fly out to Iceland on Tuesday and will be staying for seven whole days this time. Learning my lesson from last year, when I stayed at the Cabin hotel, I booked significantly closer this time around. With a bit of luck I should have a nice view of Hallgrímskirkja from my room or, failing that, at least a nice view when I leave the hotel to walk down to the Harpa conference centre.

As I went on the Golden Circle tour last time I was there I have Wednesday pretty free at the moment. The weather looks a bit crazy there so I'm going to play it by ear what I get up to that day. I understand early registration is possible so I should at least take care of that; standing in the biting wind in 2013 was not fun especially considering I was wearing my kilt!

Party at the Top of the World 2013 : No idea who was playing by this point!
I installed the guidebook.com app CCP are using this year to digitally distribute their schedule and I've marked down the things I'm interested in going to see. I can't figure out how to share this so other people can see what talks I'm going to even though it appears the app supports that. If I figure it out you should be able to find me on that with the unsurprising name of 'Oreamnos Amric'.

My rough schedule just now looks like this:

Thursday 19th:
12:00 pm : Welcome to Fanfest and the Future of VR
 1:00 pm : A Brutor Guide to Empyrean Health
 2:00 pm : Game Design Panel
 3:25 pm : EVE Fan Art
 4:00 pm : Bro, do you even test?!
 5:00 pm : EVE Online Keynote

Friday 20th:
 8:30 am : Solar Eclipse Viewing
11:00 am : Community Fansites
12:00 pm : Make EVE Real - Creating Planetary Civilizations
 1:00 pm : Crowd Science in EVE Online
 2:00 pm : Evolution of the CSM
 3:00 pm : Data Science Behind EVE
 4:00 pm : Zero to HERO: How to be an FC
 4:25 pm : The Importance of Building Relationships
 5:00 pm : Worlds Collide
 9:00 pm : Pub Crawl

Saturday 21st:
11:00 am : From Science Fiction to Science Fact
12:00 pm : Wormholes round table
 1:00 pm : Future Vision of Structures
 3:00 pm : CCP Security - Better Safe Than Sorry!
 4:00 pm : EVE: Valkyrie Rumble in Reykjavik - Semi-Finals and Final
 5:00 pm : Closing Ceremony
 8:00 pm : Party at the Top of the World

Sunday 22nd:
10:30 am : Blue Lagoon Hangover Party

To be clear, any and all of the above might change depending on what the people I am meeting up with fancy doing. In particular I'm still swaying over the pubcrawl with a dev and may yet buy a ticket for that.

If you want to catch up with me the above list is a good place to start. Failing that, send me a tweet @Oreamnos_Amric and I can let you know where I'm hiding. Above all, if you're going to Fanfest I hope you have a bloody good time. If you're not going, well, nya! nya! :-p

Edit : Just 'accidentally' bought a ticket for the pub crawl with a dev. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment