5 February 2013

Alliance Logo Competition

Default Alliance Logo
My alliance is rapidly approaching its sixth month in existence. That, in combination with more than 150 members, means we should be eligible to have CCP add an alliance logo to the game for us. Having a logo will give us a proper identity and is vastly better than the default logo.

I would like to open up a competition for people to design a logo for my alliance. The competition is open to anyone inside or outside of my alliance. The prizes are:


If more than one person worked on the logo it is up to the submitter to handle divvying up the prize. The important instructions from CCP on how the logo should be submitted can be found here. I will do my best to make sure any submissions pass the basic requirements or let the submitter know so they can rectify the problem.

Guidance on how the logo should look
I am not a fan of logos where letters or words are the main or sole feature. I also don't like logos which are square for no reason other than that is the defined shape of the canvas. That's not to say you shouldn't submit logos like that at all. Just be aware that I may need convincing.

Examples I like:

Examples I don't like:

For inspiration, Poetic Stanziel made a page of alliance logos you can browse.

Submission Process
The competition will run until the 28th of February 2013 and I will try and announce the winner as soon as possible after that. Final decision on the winning logo is solely mine although it is both possible and likely that I will look to others in my alliance to get their opinions. In the event of no logo being submitted to CCP there will be no winner. Submissions must be made by email to orea@dagoaty.net with the subject of "Alliance Logo". Make sure to include your in-game character name (otherwise someone else will get your PLEX should you win). By submitting the logo to me you are granting me all required rights for subsequent submission to CCP.

Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment